:)

May 08, 2006

Asakusa

Asaku-sa is a popular tourist destination in Tokyo, and is not far from Ueno Park. It is not far from where I live either. The tourist area consists of a shopping street, which has many souvenirs, and a large Buddhist temple.






















Here's me, standing in front of the main gate. I look good with no crutches!
















Here's looking down the tourist-packed street, which is filled with tons of omiyagi (souvenir) shops.

















This is at the temple.

















A pretty cool looking pagota.

















Here's a nice panorama of the gate.

















And here's one of the temple.


















I also went to Ueno Park again, after Asaku-sa.


















In front of the national museum, in Ueno Park, there was a pretty good puppeteer. He seemed to be from France, although he had no problem talking to the crowd in Japanese. Definitely a good show. He was amazing to watch, as he danced the puppets, played his violin, and worked some bells. The crowd got pretty into the act.



When I get around to it, I've also got plenty of pictures from Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harajuku, Obaiba, my church and my school, amoungst other things. I'm not sure if I'll make it to Kamakura or Nikko before I run off to California, Arizona and Canada for 6 weeks this summer. We'll see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home