:)

April 04, 2006

Yokohama

I went to Yokohama two days in a row. On the first trip, I went with my co-worker, Carl, and his wife and young son. During that trip, I forgot my backpack on the train. After getting a hold of the lost and found office, I was told I could pick it up. So, I went back to Yokohama. Here's some pictures!

















This is from one of the train stations. It wasn't going to post this picture, but I thought it was funny that these three boys were watching me.

















This picture gives a good sense of the size of the place.

















A pretty cool looking bus.






















Here's the landmark tower. It has the highest observatory in Japan, on the 69th flood. Apparently the elevator is the fastest in the world, going 750 metres/minute.

















A few of the water front promenade, going from the skyline area to Yamashita Park. Yokohama has one of the coolest looking skylines that I've ever seen. The suspention bridges in the background look awesome.

















Another view, in a different direction. Drink Coca-Cola Classic!

















A cool looking boat.

















Another view of the skyline.

















I really couldn't stop taking pictures.

















I does look good though.

















A neat fountain, in front of the enterance to Chinatown.

















Towards Chinatown.

















The Chinatown gate.

















Pretty lights.

















A store, with some Chinese stuff.

















There were a ton of street vendors selling thinks like Chinese dumplings and roasted chestnuts.

















These streets make me imagine that I'm in Kowloon, in Hong Kong.

















There's a large neon dragon on that building!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! It truly is amazing there. I'm falling in love with Japan. Great picas
Mom

April 05, 2006 10:38 a.m.

 
Blogger Blake said...

Hey, Korea was alright too!

April 05, 2006 2:14 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home