:)

April 03, 2006

My Apartment

Here's some pictures that I took to give everyone an idea of where I'm sleeping now. It's really a very nice place.

















Here's a picture of the building. I'll put up more pictures of it at a later date. That's Tom and Debi, whom I am replacing (along with my new co-worker, Carl). I stole their house. :)





















Here's looking to the entryway. That's a cane that I've been using; given to me by a shop owner from down the road. The door on the right is my second bedreem/office/computer room.
















Here's my computer room. The entire left side here is boxes from Tom and Debi. I'll have them for a few weeks, until they leave Japan. They're going to tour around a bit before going back to America.
















Here's looking into the place from the entry. My W.C. is on the right, that's my bedroom behind the door. The rest is easy to figure out.

















Here's my chicken, as my Korean students used to call it. They had a lot of fun saying chicken instead of kitchen, to see if I would catch it.

















Another shot of it.
















I have a cool cupboard. Tom and Debi graciously filled half of it for me. On top of it, is a pipe. I thought it was cool, so I bought a pipe. Now I can be like my Grandpa in Quebec! Don't worry mum, it's just for show.

















Here's my entertainment centre. TV, satillite (or digital cable, I don't really know), VCR, media center X-Box (DVD, MP3, etc.), and surround sound stereo. Weeeeee!

















So far, I can relax on my conforable pillows, and sit in saiza (on my knees; traditional Buddhist sitting position). Well actually, I can't. My leg isn't quite flexable enough yet! It almost is at least.

















I bought these cool light from a used furniture store nearby. Aren't they awesome?

















This is looking back into my chicken.

















I have some closets! That's something I was missing in Korea. I even bought a few cool ties. I hope my students like pink!

















Here's my bedroom. There's a sliding door that seperates my living room from my bedroom. When they're open, it's almost like one large room.

















Where's the bed?

















There it is! It's in the closet! I sleep on a couple of thin futon mats. It's very comfortable.


















My W.C. has three rooms. This is the laundry room, with wash basin, washing machine and drying machine.

















The bathroom.

















This thing is really cool. In the tub, there's a water jet. This panel controls the water temperature. I just push a button, and it fills the tup to the level of water that I want at the temperature that I want, and it can retain the temperature for as long as I want as well. In a tub like this, I can take a shower outside of the tub (the floor is also a shower floor, much like my W.C. floor in Korea). When I'm clean, I soak in the tub. I can leave the water in, and put the cover on. Then, maybe the next day, I just push a button so that the water heats up, and I have another bath. I save water this way. It's very efficiant.

















The toilet room.






















The toilet is even really cool! There's a little sink on top here. After I flush, the water that fills the basin comes first out of the tap, so I can rinse my hands in it. Again, my W.C. is very water efficiant!

















My balcony. I have flowers! Don't worry, I still bat for the home team. The only AC/DC I know is the hard rock band from Australia. I only swing on swings in the playground.

















I put a chair out here so I can look into the garden in the back and smoke on my pipe, as opposed to someone elses.

Okay, I'll stop now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

This looks like paradise. Why am I in Korea again?

April 05, 2006 8:34 a.m.

 
Blogger Blake said...

Because they gave you a free plane ticket?

Then again, I got a free plane ticket to come here...

April 05, 2006 9:58 a.m.

 
Blogger R said...

Nice sunny apartment.

I'm gettin' itchy feet again...

April 08, 2006 3:07 p.m.

 
Blogger Blake said...

I was wondering how long you'd last in your own country before your feet got itchy. :D

I think I'm a pretty rare case here, as far as my job and housing goes. It's better than nearly every situation I've heard of. I'm at school by 7:30~8am, and there until 5~6pm. That's a lot more hours than I've ever worked in Korea. The vacation is a hell of a lot better though. 13 weeks (plus some local holidays), compared to the big 10 days in the hagwons. Do they actually not know why so many people split Korea?

I'm at a private Christian school, run by the same church that I've been a member of since... I was born. These jobs are out there at least, if you can find them, as I'm sure you know.

Keep all of your loyal readers informed if you're coming on another adventure! Your blog is much more exciting to read when you're who-knows-where.

That China story of yours is a masterpiece...

April 08, 2006 5:38 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home