:)

April 02, 2006

Ueno Park

Welcome to Ueno Park, one of the largest parks in Tokyo, and home to Panda bears (which I didn't get a picture of), a statue of Saigo Takamori (who many people might recongize from the movie; "The Last Samurai". I didn't get a picture of that either), a shrine dedicated to Tokugawa Ieyasu, and a shitload of sakura (cherry blossums).
















As you can see, the park was quite busy. Everyone wanted to get a chance to take pictures of me in front of the sakura.

















Quite amazing, isn't it?
















Beautiful white blossums. The sakura range in colour from white, to various shades of pink.
















Can you see the Domino's Pizza guy here? There was a whole army of them, taking pizza orders for the people picnicing on the blue tarps.

















Here's a sweet-looking parade of ttori gates, leading to what I figure is Toshogu Shine, which is dedicated to Tokugawa Ieyasu.

















I think these walkways are one of the coolest things in the world.

















I think I'm starting to get a bit better at taking pictures. I really like having some plantlife in the foreground, while having the main scene partially hidden behind it.

















More of the shrine.

















I think I could've paid to go in, but I didn't bother. Next time I come here I'll go in and check it out.

















This is one of my favorite pictures that I've ever taken.
















A more complete scene of the above picture.

















That is a temple for the heathen Goddess of Benton in the centre. I was going to burn it down, but someone may have seen me. I was not alone.

















Here's some nice, deep-coloured blossums.

















What the hell is that?

















This is definetely a cool picture of the sun behind 'what the hell is that.'

















Many people took advantage of the boats on this fine day.

















"Quack!", "Quack!".

















Here I am, playing with the camera again.

















I sure am getting some quality pictures though.

















Here is the Tokyo National Museum. I need to come back and check this place out sometime.

















"Pink, it's my favourite colour..."

















This pagota looks pretty nifty. I wonder what the Japanese word for pagota is...

















Monkeys! Ueno Park has a rather large zoo, complete with animals of all types. Currently featured are giant panda bears. I was more interested in monkeys.


















This turtle was a pretty mellowed out dude. I turned my music up for him, so he could chill out to some Marley.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know that your favorite picture is now my favorite picture and it is now my favorite computer wallpaper,you do know that don't you because now it is yours too and I think it is now Kels too!!!
cool huh...Mom

April 05, 2006 10:35 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home