:)

November 27, 2005

Weekend Retreat

As usual, I don't remember the name of where I was. Peace Valley? Pretty View Valley? Church in the Valley? I'm not sure. Just so it's clear though, this was an adult church retreat that I took part in.

I arrived at the church (which I forgot to take a picture of again) on Saturday afternoon. I, along with a number of other people that I either knew or was about to know, were wisked away into the Korean countryside by a caravan of vehiches. Just so it's clear, I was not blindfolded. Neither was a "strongly encouraged" to drink Cool-Aid.

There were about 50 people in all, ranging from the ages of infant to gray hair. The highlights consisted of a large speghetti dinner, singing some songs, a Bible study, me talking about why I was wearing Calgary Flame socks, roasting Australian marshmellows (too much sugar in those things) over a natural gas element, playing a campfire game (without the campfire) outside called "Mafia" with people the same age as me, going to bed (aka. a blanket on the floor) at 4am after a late night conversation about having your Buddhist parents angry because you're a Christian, listening to some guy snore loudly all night, waking up at 8am, eating french toast and bacon for breakfast, going back to the church in Ulsan and attending the service there.

Hey, I just wrote about my entire weekend in one long, run-on sentence, isn't that great? Doh! Why can't I write a run-on sentence when I actually try to? Oh well, here's some pictures from the weekend.

















We were getting hungry, waiting for the speghetti to be served. While waiting, we took pictures!
















This is the chapel where we sang songs and talked amounst ourselves.
















Look! There's people here!
















I told them to smile for the camera. They turned around instead.
















It's a picture of some hills. Haven't you seen enough at this site already?

Wait though!... The leaves! The leaves are all fall colourish!
















Here's the church, located in the middle-of-nowhere, Korea, where we spend a large part of the weekend.
















Camera #2.
















We're going for a walk, we're going for a walk...
Hi-ho Korea-O, we're going for a walk.
















For some reason, I feel like going hunting...
















It's leaves in the water.
















We found a shrine for some dead people! Yipee!

He door was locked. I checked.
















Graves.
















An outhouse in the middle-of-nowhere, Korea. The sign says "toilet". Funny how you see English everywhere in the middle-of-nowhere, Korea. Pretty soon, Korean's will forget what "Hwa-Jun-Shill" means (toilet).
















It's bamboo growing up the wall. I took a picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home