:)

October 03, 2005

Let's go to Seoul!

After getting back from Japan on Tuesday, I decided to head up to Seoul to visit my friend Matt.

I took the bus, which costed only a couple of dollars worth of won, to Daegu. It seems to be quicker for me to catch the KTX (bullet train) from Daegu than from Pusan, since the bus terminal in Daegu is right where the train station is. In Pusan, I have to spend half an hour or more on the subway to get to the train station. Plus, Seoul is only an hour and a half from Daegu, while it's more like two and a half hours from Pusan (via the KTX, which can go faster than 300 km/h). The cost, if I remember right, was about 38,000 won from Daegu (Taegu) to Seoul.





















Inside one of the KTX cars.


When I got to Seoul, there were a group of Inca from Peru putting on a musical show in the plaza of the train station. There were probably between 50 and 100 people standing around watching them. I think that I sat for a good half-hour; until their set was finished. Then I decided to practice my Spanish a bit and talk to them. I probably BSed for 10 minutes or so, then I continued on my way.

I had a bit of trouble getting ahold of Matt, so I took some pictures of the area while I was waiting to get ahold of him.

















Here's some large buildings that are in front Seoul Station.
















This is one of the famous ancient city gates in Seoul. I'm not sure what it's name is, but it's the one near Seoul station.
















Seoul tower, between a couple of skyscrapers, near Seoul station.
















The same gate, only it's lit up beautifully at night in this picture.
















Here's a giant ad for a trans-siberian railway trip. Wow! That would be an interesting journey!
















Here's a few more skyscrapers at night, near Seoul station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home