:)

September 27, 2005

House warming and job warming gifts

As most of you know, I'm living with my friend Dave now in his new apartment. It's a huge place. Well, it's huge by Korean standards anyway. It's something like 1100 square feet, so it's a good size. It's on the first floor of a 4-story building, and takes up the entire floor. There's a Korean restaurant on the second floor, so we can basically we as loud as we want to be. Dave had to put down 10,000,000 won ($10,000 US), which is refundable when he moves out, to get it, and also has to pay 300,000 won ($300 US) a month.

As we were moving in, about a week and a half ago, one of the girls from the restaurant upstairs had the good heart to feed us lunch, as a welcoming gift. In return, we had the heart to give her an orange drink (with a double shot of course). Let's hope that she was at least 20 years old (the legal drinking age here)!
















Here's the food that the nice, and eventually rosy cheeked, girl gave us. Lots of good seafood, and lots of not-so-good Korean sweets. Most of the sweets here are rice cakes featuring a sweet bean paste inside. It's not really my thing.


As I think I've already said, my soon to be boss (I think) was a nice guy and gave my what most Koreans probably think is a great gift; a Spam gift set. Well, just in case you were wondering what is in a Spam gift set, here is it:
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home