:)

September 20, 2005

Contract signed

So, I've now officially signed my new word contract at Elite English Academy in Ok-dong, Ulsan. The contract is from October 4th, 2005 to October 3th, 2006. As I think I've already said, my new school seems great. Expecially when complared to my old school. Even before I signed the contract (well, an hour before), my bossman-to-be gave me a Chusok (Korean Thanksgiving, which was last weekend) present. It was a gift package of Spam! and some olive oil. Koreans really seem to think that Spam! is great. I don't, but the gesture was very much appreciated by me.

Meanwhile at my old school, David got a pair of socks. I think that says something.

I'm taking my friend Ken's job at the school, and it seems that I will be moving into his place when he leaves. He's moving to Seoul to be with his girlfriend. As well, he has a small dog named Tico that I'll probably be dog-sitting for a month or so.

Until then, I'm living with my good buddy Dave. He just bought a huge apartment and has more than enough room for me for two or three weeks.

For my time off, I'm planning on heading to Seoul tomorrow for fun, and then on a visa trip to Japan next week. I think I'll go to Osaka and Kyoto and maybe take an extra day, just because I want to.

I should have plenty of pictures soon.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you!!! Hope this school treats you much better. xo mom

September 20, 2005 10:47 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the addition of the Astroboy stuff in your sidebar makes your page impossible to load.
Congratulations on the new job!

September 20, 2005 11:15 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!!! Well, good luck with the new job, and I'll e-mail you soon.

September 21, 2005 12:00 a.m.

 
Blogger Blake said...

Everything loads fine for me.

Sometimes when there's a lot of new pictures it will load slow. The rest of the time, it's either your connection, your computer, or there are a lot of people on my site.

September 21, 2005 12:37 p.m.

 
Blogger Blake said...

Everything loads fine for me.

Sometimes when there's a lot of new pictures it will load slow. The rest of the time, it's either your connection, your computer, or there are a lot of people on my site.

September 21, 2005 12:39 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your site makes my computer crash for some reason. i think you should fix it. -rhi-

September 21, 2005 10:30 p.m.

 
Blogger Blake said...

I have no clue why.

It's probably your Mac. ;)

September 21, 2005 11:43 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true Blake for some reason, your site is taking for ever to load, you can believe me I'm your Mom

September 22, 2005 12:01 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job, Blake. Hope all goes well. A Molly

September 26, 2005 8:13 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home