:)

September 12, 2005

New Camera

Since my old, yet new, camera died last week, I opted to just buy a new one.

I bought the second cheapest digital camera at the Homeplus branch that I went to. My camera costed 288,000 won, while the cheapest one was 200,000 won. The cheapest one, a Samson, was quite small. The only thing really bad with it was that it used a battery back instead of conventional batteries. I really prefer regular AA or AAA batteries, as they can be found anyway. If my special camera battery were to die while on vacation in another country, I would have a difficult time recharging it. With regular batteries, I can just buy them anywhere and have power for my camera. As a result, I bought the second cheapest camera.

What I got for my 288,000 won, was a Nikon Coolpix 4600. So far, I'm quite happy with it. It's very small and light, which is good. It fits well in my pocket, although it doesn't need to since it came with a case that attaches to my belt (nice!). It has the standard 3x optical zoom and is 4.0 megapixals. The onboard memory is only 14MB, but at Homeplus they threw in a 256MB memory card into the package. With the 256MB, the camera can hold just about 500 pictures on the medium setting, which is a higher than I've been using for the site. In addition, they also game me some NiMH rechargable batteries and a wall charger to go with them. I guess that's why the camera was 288,000 instead of 200,000. That's okay with me. With the batteries, I can apparently take 350 or so pictures before they die. It's good enough. Soon, I should be uploading some more pictures to my site.

In the meantime, here's a picture of the new camera that I stole from another site:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you were meant to be someones little angle at the hostess bar!

Spent about 24 hours with your Dad on weekend, was good to see him as it has been over two years.

Aunt K

September 13, 2005 6:08 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home