:)

September 06, 2005

Bye-bye umbrella

My umbrella blew away when I was walking from my apartment to the PC room. The distance between the two places is probably 75 feet. Well, first it blew inside out and the metal wires got all bent to shit, then I just let the wind take it. Hopefully it doesn't fly though someone's window. It's okay. It was useless in this stuff anyway. The rain was coming in from every direction, so I was getting wet anyway.

Ulsan seems to be getting it worse than the rest of Korea. So far one guy here seems to have died after he got swept away in the rising Taewa river earlier today. Landslides here have apparently blocked a few roads. I know that the sidewalk near my place is under 10 inches or so of water.

So as far as I have read, that's one confirmed fatality in Japan, 17 people missing in Japan and one person missing in Ulsan, Korea. Don't worry mum, I'm not the one missing.

Since this is my first time in a typhoon, I'm finding everything to be very interesting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blake said...

Whoa, I'm okay man. When I woke up, I wasn't in my bed. I found myself in a beautiful forest surrounded my furry animals. Then suddenly, a deer blew up after it stepped on a land mine and I realized that the typhoon had blown me into the DMZ. Luckly, I was able to catch the train back to Ulsan just in time for class.

September 07, 2005 5:40 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home