:)

May 31, 2006

Good-bye Shawn

This is Korea Life Blog:

http://korealife.blogspot.com/


It's the first blog that I ever got into, and I could probably say that it was what inspired me to start writing my own. Reading through Shawn's site is also one of the things that gave me the confidence to take off and teach English in Korea, and later in Japan. I really enjoyed reading about Shawn's life; about his ups and downs, and about his adventures in Asia. Of all the online journals on the net, this one was my favourite to read (although Rory's "What Not to Do is Asia" was a close second at times). He eventually left Korea, and moved to China. His life seemed pretty good. Unfortunately, Shawn was torn up inside. He talked about how his father took his own life when he was yonger. He struggled through a dead-end job in America, and left for Korea to start a new life. He had a few tough bosses in Korea (haven't we all, for those of us who've done the Korea thing?). He had a few girlfriends in Korea, but none of them quite worked out. In China, he had a great job and some great students, but once again he had some girl problems. I guess it all came to a head, and he just couldn't deal with it any longer.

Shawn, I pray that you are paradise with your father. You've given me a bit of joy, a bit of confidence and a bit of entertainment over the past two years or so.

It's a rare occasion when someone that people only know from the internet can touch so many lives. From the bottom of my heart Shawn, I thank you.

http://chinavlog.typepad.com/

http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/korea/viewtopic.php?t=58113


Psalm 23

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


I can't judge where people's faith lies, but this is where I get my hope from:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-16

Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise...


Death is not the end, it is mearly the beginning. I really believe that, just as was written in the words above. May God bless and give peace to the many that Shawn touched throughout his life.

4 Comments:

Blogger Blake said...

Huh?

Sorry brother, but you lost me. I really don't understand what you are trying to say.

May 31, 2006 11:32 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blake, i love you. you should call kaya. breathe from your stomach and go out and have fun and try not to think about other people's misfortunes... they're sad. i feel sorry for his family and friends... but try not to think about it too much... again... call kaya. hi kaya!

June 01, 2006 11:22 a.m.

 
Blogger Blake said...

Hey Kels,

I never see Kayako online! Maybe I'll e-mail her. I'd like to get together with her. It'd be so cool for her to meet a brother and sister, but in two different parts of the world!

Did you know that she's moving to France?

June 01, 2006 12:29 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear Blake, I am reading this today on your blog of 2006, already over 7 years ago. I read this with such sadness. You are now in heaven and perhaps you and Shawn are not just internet friends anymore. We know that you had great faith and belief in God and that you are with your Lord and Saviour and that gives us some comfort and peace knowing that you are eternally happy but we here who love you on earth are desperately sad without you. Love and miss you so much. Love Mom
(Blake was taken from us in a tragic car accident Dec 23, 2012 in Canada, his 2 1/2 yr old daughter(Hinako) survived and lives now with her mother in Japan

July 19, 2013 11:13 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home