:)

February 12, 2005

...and still I'm getting job offers.

I forgot just how many recruiters that I applyied to teach in Korea with. I'm still getting random job offers from here and here. It's interesting to see what's being shoved down my throat and read all of the different contracts; comparing them with the job that I am accepting. So far none of them are as good as my contract in Ulsan. The only bad part of that job is that it's 1.9 million won a month. It'd be nice to have 2 million+, but I'd rather work 2:30-8:30 than the 9-6/7 that just about all of the other contracts state. That's equal to about $120 CAD less a month (100,000 won = about $120 CAD). A fair trade for the sweet hours I think! If I want to stay for a second year, I'd try to get more per month then.

Just about all of the offers that I'm getting are located in Seoul (probably because that's where I stated where I wanted to work...), but I've been getting so interested in the Gyeongsangnam-Do region (Busan, Ulsan, etc.) that I've completely lost interest in Seoul. So for everyone that looking into working in Korea, take a look at the Busan area! Perferibly in Bugok Village (not to be confused with the Bugok Village near Seoul). Why? Because I'd like to have a free place to stay when I go to soak in the hot springs.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pusan is a pretty major Korean port. That's where most of our shipments route through, though we also send some to Kwangyang. Those are the only two Korean ports we ship to... sometimes we do inland transhipping to Inchon, though. Busan is not that far from Seoul so you should be able to get there the odd time.

Any chance you'll be able to come to my wedding?

February 14, 2005 2:53 p.m.

 
Blogger Blake said...

I'll tell you what. You get me a ticket to Vancouver and back, and I'll come to your wedding.;)

A bus across Canada is one thing, a flight across the Pacific is another...


You need a South Korean geography lesson too. Busan is about as far away from Seoul as you can get in S.Korea. It's at least the distance from Surrey to Kelowna! :D Now with the bullet train, it should be about as far as it is from your house to Stanley Park...

I guess it isn't too far.

February 15, 2005 4:36 a.m.

 
Blogger Jessica said...

Busan is the second biggest South Korean city! And it's only a five hour bus (or is it train?) ride so it's really nothing.

I'll probably end up in Seoul so you can come for a visit anytime.

Canadian teachers unite! :)

February 16, 2005 4:16 a.m.

 
Blogger Blake said...

Come on, you know that you really want to live on the coast in Busan.;)

February 16, 2005 4:57 a.m.

 
Blogger Jessica said...

I do love coasts, that is the truth.

February 16, 2005 12:18 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home