:)

February 01, 2005

The phone won't stop ringing!!!

Seriously, if you want an ESL job in South Korea, do not apply to multiple recruiters. Your phone will break from more overuse than a phone owned by a 14-year old girl discovering boys for the first time.

I've gotten two more job offers today, both better than the one I was already offered in Ansan, Seoul. One is for a Christian school in a different part of Seoul and the other is for a Hagwon in Ulsan(a city of a million about an hour north of Busan). The Christian school job was offered to me by Footprints recruiting(awesome people, I recommend them) and the Ulsan job was offered by CanadianswithSeoul(another awesome recruiting place).

Here's a bit of info on each one:

The Christian job(offered by Footprints) involves teaching 2 or 3 days a week at a Hagwon and teaching Christian home-schooled kids either at their homes or at a church for the other 2 or 3 days a week. Wow! That actually sounds really cool. It's unorthodox from a 'regular' ESL job and it sounds like I'd have a lot of one-on-one lessons to do. The Hagwon hours are from around 10:30-7:30, but like I said, it's only 2 or 3 days a week.

The Ulsan job(offered by CanadianswithSeoul) sounds awesome too! The hours are from about 2:30 until 8:30 or so. That means that I'd have the mornings to myself. I could fit in a lot of private lessons if I wanted to I'm sure. Or just sleep in. Either way, the hours sound great! Plus, Ulsan is on the east coast, just north of Busan(Korea's second largest city). In Ulsan, there's a ferry that goes to Kitakyushu(just north of Fukuoka) everyday. The journey is about three hours and costs less than $200(CND) for a return ticket. Sounds like a good location to me! It's more appealing than the giant metropolis of Seoul.


Hopefully, within a couple of days, I'll have talked to someone from each of those schools and decide which one I like better. I don't think that I'll go for my original job offer. Between those two new jobs, I'm leaning towards the Ulsan job a little bit more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Wow, who knew it worked so fast. When are you planning on leaving, anyway?

February 01, 2005 1:55 p.m.

 
Blogger Blake said...

So far, it's looking like I'll be there my March 1st. Wherever "there" is...

February 01, 2005 2:31 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home