:)

February 09, 2005

Ulsan bound!

After going through a half-a-dozen job offers or so, I accepted a job teaching middle-school aged kids in Ulsan; a city of over a million people on the Southeast coast of S.Korea. I won't have to begin work until after 2pm, so it sounds like a sweet gig to me! Weekends off (other than the odd graduation ceremony) and I'll be able to make it to church...or the discos by 9pm. Perfect! I should be on a looong plane ride in two to three weeks to start my new job. Weeeeeeeeee!

Other than that, I've spend that past week getting long, thin, metallic things jabbed into my arm. Apparently I'm supposed to be able to avoid nasty things like Hepatitis A like this. How nice.

I've also been trying to visit friends and family more than usual lately...because that's what people who are planning to jump on a plane and fly halfway around the world do. As a result, I wandered a few hundred kilometers down the road to Winnipeg to see my sister (not the one in the picture below, I have two totally different sisters). We watched "The Aviator" at Silvercity. If you enjoy three-hour long documentaries with at least five minutes of it dedicated to watching a naked Leonardo DiCaprio go insane, then I recommend checking it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Wow! Congrats on a contract! Did you end up going through Footprints or the others?

Don't forget to bring deodorant for a year, and stickers for your kids. I hear those things are essential. :)

February 10, 2005 12:30 a.m.

 
Blogger Blake said...

I went though CanadianswithSeouls(CWS). It's equal to Footprints in everyway as far as I can see. The main difference is that CWS has it's head office in Toronto, while Footprints is in Vancouver. The way that they're set up is basically the same. I'd recommend either of the two companies to anyone thinking of teaching ESL.

February 10, 2005 12:35 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home