:)

February 24, 2006

Kind Koreans

On my way home today from work, I was having a bit of trouble flagging down a cab (I was near Dave's house, which is closer to the express section of the road). A Korean couple, in their early-50s, saw that I might be waiting for a little while. The man honked to get my attention, and then asked me, "where you live?". I told him "woo-shin go hak-yo" (the nearby high school). He motioned me to get in. We talked more in Korean than in English in the car, as their English was nearly non-existant. They were super friendly though. The took me right to where I live (well, I got them to drop me off at the corner store near my place so I could get a beer), and were on their way after I said my thank yous.

A very pleasant experience!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home