:)

July 06, 2005

Easiest day ever

I woke up at 12:30pm.

I went to work at around 1:30, after stopping by a convienience store to pick up a couple of sandwiches and a couple of cool coffees for less than $3 CND.

I prepared for classes (aka. surfed the internet for 50% of the time). Report cards are now finished.

I taught a class with one student (the other student wasn't here today for whatever reason) from 3:00-3:30. I had him read a few pages from a basic kids book and then played crazy 8s with him.

I taught my "bad class" of three boys from 3:35-4:30. They were bad, but I had pretty good control of them. We finished six pages from their lesson book, so we did a good job.

I taught my absolute tied for largest class of five kids from 4:35-5:30. Only one student, Anna (my current favorite student, she's so sweet), showed up. Everyone else is camping. She read from a mid-level book for 15 minutes, then we played Scrabble for the rest of class.

I had an hour break. I surfed the internet.

I taught a class of two students for 45 minutes. We listened to the radio for 5 minutes, as I thought that teaching them about the radio in English was a smart idea. It was a smart idea. Then I taught them numbers from ten thousand to one billion. They actually needed the refresher, as they couldn't remember 10,000 right away. Then I helped them rearrange sentences for the rest of the class (ie. I woke up at 7:00am. = At 7:00am, I woke up.). They caught on to that pretty quickly, as I had already gone over it with them on Monday. Quiz will be on Friday.

I kept one of the kids for five minutes after class so that he could finish his homework (sukjeh).

I'm now in the middle of the 45 minutes break before I can go home. We all leave at the same time.

I'll ride my motorbike home, and make some sort of supper if I'm feeling ambitious. Maybe I'll make spaghetti (haven't made it in a couple of weeks) or a kimchi/rice/chicken/veggie dish. Maybe I'll just pay $2 US for 20 rolls of kimbap (sushi rolls) instead from the convienience store. Sushi is so cheap here. I'd be paying $10-$15 for it back home. That is, if I could get it back home! Dryden has no sushi. I had to make my own there.

I have lots of soy sauce and wasabi in my fridge, so no worries there.

I might go out to Tombstone and play a few games of pool and talk to some of my friends. Maybe I'll have a beer or two.

I might go for a bike ride.

I might pay 500 won (50 cents) for 5 mintues in a batting cage.

I might give Dave a call and see what he's up to.

I might just stay in and play X-Box, while I learn how to write and count to 100 in Chinese. I've already got the hang 1-10, as well as the Chinese writing for "door". Chicken, pork, water and beer will follow as well.

For all of my time actually "working" today, I made roughly $40-50 CND an hour.

I have a rough life in this country. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having Korean food for lunch today.

July 07, 2005 3:32 a.m.

 
Blogger Blake said...

Sweet dude!

Sorry, but you're only getting domestic products (which I think are cool) for your wedding so far. Cool stuff from Korea WILL come eventually. I just haven't bothered to figure out about mailing stuff.

Christmas?

July 07, 2005 1:54 p.m.

 
Blogger Jessica said...

Damn you and your sweet life!

July 08, 2005 7:37 p.m.

 
Blogger Jessica said...

By the way, you can update your blurb about who I am in your sidebar. Yeah, that's right. I only blog once or twice a day, man.

July 09, 2005 11:53 a.m.

 
Blogger Jessica said...

Ha ha ha, VERY funny.

July 11, 2005 8:21 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home