:)

May 18, 2005

Just who are these people anyway?

I get quite a few visitors to my site that are almost complete mysteries to me. They are complete strangers to me. I only know a couple little things about them; which time zone they are in and the webpage that they were visiting before they came here. I've had around 3500 individual website visits since the beginning of February and I'm forecasted to have around 1500 hits for this month. Not that many compared to a lot of other sites, but it's still interesting to me since I'm pretty sure that I know less than half of the people that come here.

One chart that I have access to is kind of interesting. It shows the percentage of people that visit my site from each time zone. Apparently, my parents aren't the only ones who read about the mess that I'm making of my life. 30% of the people that have been visiting here are in the Korea/Japan/Eastern Russia timezone. That probably covers some of Australia too. Coming in second is the central time zone, at about 25%. Since that's where my parents, one of my sisters, and a lot of my high school friends live, that makes sense. At the next level, 20% of the people here are in the Eastern timezone. I have one sister there, a lot of relatives and quite a few friends, so that makes sense to me too. I know a fair number of people on the west coast of North America, and that accounts for 10% of my visitors. What I wonder about is the mountain time zone and the few European timezones that seem to contain some of my online guests. I went to university in Edmonton, so I'd think that at least a few of my friends there would come and read what I'm doing. It looks like few is the key word there. As for the European timezones (or is that African?), I barely know anyone there. Maybe they are just random visitors. I have no idea. I'm wondering why I have 1% coming from the Middle East as well...

So, if I don't know you and you enjoy reading into my life...

...leave me a comment! Preferably a nice one.

As I said earlier, I can look at the site that each person had been looking at before they came here. I wrote a couple of months ago that I was getting people coming here that were searching for things like "Tammy Plante nude and/or naked" into a search engine. This has not changed. Six of the last 100 random visitors here came here after searching for Tammy Plante in Google. To save you six people the trouble, here's the picture again.

I hope that you enjoy it. Oh, and stop looking at my sister! Perverts...

Another common thing that people search for when they find my site is sports in Korea. I guess that since I have links to a few local foreign sports websites, my site comes up. I get a few people searching for Astroboy, and they've found me. I guess that's cool, although it's probably a let down for whoever's searching for our friend Atom (Astroboy). I get a lot of people looking for information on Korea and on teaching English in Korea. Hopefully they found whatever they were looking for. I seems that I get a few visits from people who were at the allumni page for my high school. Maybe those people knew me and were curious as to what I'm doing and if I'm still alive. A couple of my favorite things that people typed into Google when they found me though, have been "Pepsi for breakfast" and "airhostess naked". Interestingly, the person who wanted to see an airhostess naked was searching from the Belgium verison of Google. Kelsey, my sister who's the brunette in the centre in the above picture lived in Belgium for a year. Maybe some of her friends were looking to join the mile high club? Finally, someone from the Japanese Google site was searching for the "wasabi experience". I hope that they liked the pictures of the sushi that I'd made.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you are working on this as we type as I was just reading your latest escapade when tomorrows (May 18) came up. Boy you sure are visiting a lot of interesting places. Can see you do not have time to get homesick. Guess you never got your stuff back. How is your motorcycle going? Gee two years ago you were celebrating today with Terry and I, he sent me lovely flowers for our Anniv and will be coming home tomorrow.

Take care - love you Aunt K.

May 18, 2005 3:03 a.m.

 
Blogger Blake said...

Wow, it's been two years already! That's awesome!

Happy anniversary!

May 18, 2005 3:09 a.m.

 
Blogger Jessica said...

Tammy Plant, Tammy Plant, Tammy Plant. Are you trying to be number one on the results page for her name? It's hilarious to see what people search for that cause them to end up on my site. Most of my random hits come from searching for a particular chocolate bar that I wrote about in January. Caarraaazyy.

May 18, 2005 12:44 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to be honest i have you on my favorites.. why? cause i have no access to msn/hotmail/yahoo so my only entertainment is to live off someone elses life while im stuck at work for 8 hours everyday... sometimes with not a lot to do... i love korea on the other hand and you have very interesting links... i told u who i am before right? tania from mexico, christian and i often post in CF....
its cool ppl are interested in you, isnt it?

May 18, 2005 11:23 p.m.

 
Blogger Blake said...

Ya, Tania, you've talked to me before.

Don't worry. You're cool. ;)

May 19, 2005 1:09 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blake, Im from Texas in North America and Im not a fag Like most of the West coast folks in the US and I have to say I came across your webpage tonight cuz Im moving to Korea to teach ESL in late August !!! Man there doesnt seem to be a shortage of hot Foreign women out there ? Thanks for a Look into your Charming life Dude.

July 21, 2005 2:59 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home