:)

April 30, 2005

Dangerous Ulsan

Over the past couple of weeks, there's been some dodgy events in our area of the city.

1. I had my jacket stolen.

2. CJ, Anne, Kristina and Elizabeth have had their apartment raided. Some of the doors were damaged and a Korean man living there had his window pane stolen(!?!). The frame is there, but there is no glass. One of the girls had her door handle damaged and was locked in her room. The general thought is that there is a dirty local man stalking the white girls. As a result, the landlord installed bars on the windows and an extra set of locks on the doors.

3. A few days after that incident, a man attempted to assult one of the girls in the middle of the day. She claimed that the man was trying to grab her in inappropriate areas and that he was fondling himself in inappropriate areas.

Scary stuff. I'm glad that I'm a guy in these cases!

Overall, most Koreans that I've met have been very kind. There's a few assholes in every part of the world.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Sounds like fun.. any teaching spots opening up?

May 01, 2005 11:31 a.m.

 
Blogger Blake said...

Bad stuff can happen anywhere, eh?

There's always teaching spots opening up here! I just got an offer to take on one of my buddies privates (who's leaving for India), worth about 2.5 million a month.

Of course, that would involve working on a tourist visa... I don't be doing that anytime soon.

May 02, 2005 12:27 a.m.

 
Blogger Jessica said...

Teaching a private for 2.5 million a month??? Would you be able to keep your current job as well?

May 02, 2005 11:22 a.m.

 
Blogger Blake said...

No, the times conflict. My friend is leaving Ulsan and has a personnal apartment. I would have to take over his place and his multiple privates. They add up to about 2.5 million. I would have to quite my job and give up my work visa. I'd have to be here on a tourist visa. I don't think it's worth it. Besides, I've got every morning off. There's plenty of time for side jobs in there.

One of my other friends is doing strictly privates and makes around 4 million.

May 02, 2005 1:08 p.m.

 
Blogger Jessica said...

That's insane. Is it illegal to do that?

May 02, 2005 10:18 p.m.

 
Blogger Blake said...

Legal?

Well, not exactly...

Does it matter? :P

May 03, 2005 2:55 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home